April 1, 2023
Auraria Higher Education Center: 777 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80204
CONGRATULATIONS & WELCOME!!!
2023 State Championship Tournament
Congratulations! Your team’s hard work has paid off! This year has been challenging for all of us, from starting back to school, to navigating quarantines to having the occasional Zoom team meeting. We are thrilled to be able to invite all our Colorado teams competing in our challenge program (except Early Learning teams) to compete in the 2023 State Championship Tournament! This celebration will be a joyful culmination of a very crazy year.
When: Saturday, April 1, 2023
Where: Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC)
Information found on the website:
If you have any questions, please call (720) 542- 3637 or Kate or Hanna
We are thrilled to be able to offer a safe, in-person tournament this year for our hard-working teams.
See you at State!
2023 State Championship Tournament
Step-by-Step Instruction Guide
For State Registration instructions, Click Here!
2023 State Championship
Everything You Want to Know about Tournament but are Afraid to Ask!
Prior to the Tournament Day:
Tournament times will be posted by March 22, 2023. Times will be posted online only; you will not receive a mail or email notification. Please remember that we schedule all regions evenly. Each region will have teams starting first thing in the morning and late in the afternoon.
Due to the scheduling nature of this large tournament, teams usually have between two and three hours between their Team Challenge and Instant Challenge. There are many activities at the State tournament to participate in during the day.
Teams may have their Instant Challenge first or their Team Challenge first.
Many presentation locations have changed from previous years. Campus maps will be posted on our website and will be available at tournament check-in. Please locate your Challenge, prop drop-off areas, and the closest parking prior to coming to tournament.
Talk with your parents, school, and school district about the possibilities of attending Global Finals.
As has been discussed, only teams that qualify can compete at Global Finals. Discuss how your team might arrange quick financing to Global Finals held in Kansas City, Mo., May 20-23, 2023, with arrival on the 18th or 19th. Your cost per team will be $5,500 plus room and board. This should average to $2,000 per student and adult traveling for teams with 2 team managers and 5 team members. Most years DICO invites the top three in each level and challenge if that helps you to make your decision. From my experience, any Colorado team in the top six will be competitive at Global Finals.
We regularly post updates on our website!
The Embassy Suites – Denver Tech Center is our only hotel sponsor this year. Book your room by Clicking Here!
After the Tournament
GLOBAL FINALS INFORMATION
|I understand that if my team qualifies for Global Finals, my team and I will confirm our attendance to DI Colorado by the end of business day, April 3. Deposit due to Global Finals by April 12.|
GLOBAL FINALS ELIGIBILITY 2023
Before the tournament, you MUST meet with your parents, school, and school district about the possibilities of competing at Global Finals. You MUST accept or decline your invitation by April 3, 2023. Discuss how your team might arrange financing to the tournament. The cost of the event is $5,500 per team exclusive of room, board, and travel. Please email Kate with invitation response.
All registrations, and deposit for Global Finals are due by April 13, 2023!!
When: Apr 12, 2022 06:30 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting.
Check in at the State Championship Tournament
Team Check In
Check In for Central Challenge
Check In for Instant Challenge
State Championship Hotel Information
Embassy Suites – Denver Tech Center is the hotel sponsor for our event this year. They have offered us a discount rate on all rooms reserved for the tournament! Reservations should be made by March 20, 2023 to receive the block rate for the rooms. Late reservations will be charged the prevailing rate.
Hotel: Embassy Suites Denver Tech Center
Rate per Room: $119.00 for a 2 Room King Rooms and $129.00 for 2 Double Bedrooms
To Make Reservations, Click Here!
Props and Escape Room:
1. On Friday night, we have a dance party at the Embassy Suites,10250 E Costilla Ave, Centennial, CO 80112 from 6:30-8:30 pm. There will be snacks, but NO Dinner. You must pre-register here:
Middle and Secondary Registration
and we are limited to 300 guests. Parents and siblings are NOT included in this event. If we have more than 300 people, we will be doing a lottery. A high school team will be playing music and we will have an Instant Challenge to try. (First come, first serve for the IC)
2. On Saturday, weather permitting, we will have inFUNity events providing an obstacle course, hippo chow down, joust and slide. You will need a wristband for this activity. Wristbands are provided free of charge to team members (pick up near the store in the P/E center) If you would like to purchase wristbands prior to the tournament you may do so at the DICO Store. Remember you do NOT need to purchase for team members.
3. Also on Saturday, our teen leadership committee has put together a scavenger hunt and some games as well as an “escape” room. The games and scavenger hunt can be found in the quad, the “escape” room will be in the King Center on the 2nd floor. We will be having a reservation process for this event.
4. Watch other teams. We have wonderful teams from all over the state. Locations are all over campus, so take in a challenge or 2.
5. From 5:00 – 5:45 we have a High School Only Pre-Party in the Tivoli Turnhalle. There will be a snack, but not a dinner. You must pre-register.
6. From 5:00 – 5:45 we will have a pre-party from our Middle and Elementary School teams. This is a dance party tentatively scheduled for outside near the bandshell, depending on weather.
7. Our award ceremony will be starting at 6. Please be patient if we are a few minutes late. We will be in the PE Center. As in the past, team members may bring one parent only. We will be webcasting this event as well. This is to keep within fire codes and to keep our numbers down. Please cooperate. Tickets will be available in the PE Center during the day.
To Be Determined.
To Be Determined.
Our Award Ceremony and Dance Party will be at the P/E Center Gym beginning at 5:15. This is a procedure and time change.
Please pick up tickets for this event at the team check in at the PE Atrium prior to 4:00.
We will start awards promptly at 6:15.
To Be Determined.
State Championship Tournament KICK-OFF Party
Music, Dancing, Instant Challenge Practice, Games, Food, and FUN!
When: Friday, March 31, 2023
Time: 5:30 -7:00 p.m. (Elementary School)
7:30-9:00 p.m. (Middle and High School)
Where: Embassy Suites – DTC
10250 E Costilla Ave Centennial, Colorado 80112
Who: All State Qualifying teams
Cost: Free for team members and up to two team managers (or chaperones) per team
Elementary teams: Click Here!
Middle and Secondary teams: Click Here!
Attendance is limited. Teams MUST be chaperoned at all times. You are responsible for your team’s behavior.
Party is for all qualifying teams. There is no preference for Hotel guests. All teams must register to attend.
This party generously sponsored by: