Welcome to the NoCo Canyon Region for DI Colorado. We’re so glad you’re here!
Our region supports all the schools in the Boulder Valley and Thompson School Districts, schools in Larimer, Boulder, Gilpin, Broomfield, and Jackson Counties, as well as independent and home-school teams within the area.
Welcome To NoCo Canyon
Greetings to our amazing NoCo Canyon DI participants!
And – welcome to a new DI season. Before we share all the details we know at this point for the upcoming season, we’d like to express our deep appreciation for all the hard work and dedication you bring in support of our kids. DI can’t function without our Team Managers – and you are facilitating an experience for your team members that they’ll remember fondly throughout their lives. You’re also helping them to develop life-long skills like creative problem solving, self-expression, self-advocacy, teamwork, time and budget management, as well as completing the innovation process. They’ll rely upon these skills throughout the rest of their educational experience – preparing them to be more confident, capable, and successful as a result.
So – simply stated, thank you. You ROCK!
Now – on to the great stuff we have in store to support YOU this year! Please read the enclosed information about the Team Manager training schedule (we have something new in store this year – design your OWN experience!), parental support, as well as where to find important resources on the DI websites (both Colorado’s as well as the international DI site).
One of our all-time favorite quotes is this, “It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.…” Harry Truman said this more than 60 years ago, and it still rings true today – especially for Team Managers. We, as adults, can’t actually “do” anything for our team – except to encourage them and love them throughout their DI experience. It’s up to them, yes, but they depend upon you – our Team Managers – to be their rocks, their support system and their inspiration.
You inspire us – THANK YOU for all you do!
NoCo Challenge Masters
Specifics for team-related costs in NoCo Canyon TBA.
Team Manager Trainings
DI Colorado provides trainings for both our new and “seasoned” Team Managers.
All of our 2021-2022 Team Manager Trainings have yet to be scheduled. Stay tuned.
New Team Manager Training: Covers the basics: an overview of the program, what you’ll need to get started, Instant Challenge, team building etc. Our goal is to get you started on the right foot and comfortable with the Destination Imagination program. This training will not discuss any of the long-term challenges.
Attaching Yourself As Team Manager of Record
Our exciting Challenges of the 2020-21 season are about to be released. On September 1st all of this years challenges will be available to be solved in person. Each year, our Challenge Writers work hard to make sure they develop fun and engaging academic Challenges for all of our participants and knowing which Challenge your team is participating in this season helps us identify the most popular Challenges, as well as better gauge the number of teams that are competing worldwide.
We need you to take a few minutes to enter your team’s information, including your Team Name, Team Challenge, and Challenge Level, in our Resource Area.
If this is your first time accessing the Resource Area, this portal will allow you to download documents, such as practice Instant Challenges, as well as ask Team Clarifications. So please go ahead and dig around while you’re in there!
HOW TO ENTER YOUR TEAM’S INFORMATION:
- If you don’t have a DI account, create one now by going to: https://resources.destinationimagination.org/shop.php/auth/account/create_new_account and entering your information.
- Once you have an account, go to the Resource Area here: https://resources.destinationimagination.org/resources.php.
- Make sure to view and accept the code of conduct!
- Highlight the Teams tab and then select My Teams.
- Click on Add Team, and then enter either the Team Number and order number (this information will come from the person who purchased the team number) OR the Team Number and the postal code.
- If you have multiple teams, repeat Step 5 to claim all of your teams.
- Click on the pencil icon to the left of your Team Number and then add/edit your organization name, team name, and the Challenge/Level your team will be participating in this season. Remember, you can change the Challenge if your team decides to make a switch from their original plan. However, once you’ve competed in your first tournament, you cannot change your Challenge.
Important: Because our scoring program is tied to the information you provide, please make sure everything is accurate!
In order to provide the highest level of after school activities for our participants, Destination Imagination requires Team Managers to have a background check. Destination Imagination will be administering background checks through the Destination Imagination store.
In order to provide the highest level of after school activities for our participants, DI Colorado requires all team managers to have background checks. Please review our detailed Youth Protection Policy here.
New for 2021-2022. Background checks are being administered and processed through DIHQ.
- You can purchase a background check at Background Checks.
- You can either purchase a background check with your team number or you can purchase a team number independently.
- You will not be able to access team challenges and other resources until you have cleared your background check.
- You can purchase a LEVEL 3 background check from Sterling Volunteers for DICO or from work with a different non-profit, church, or school, you may share it with Destination Imagination. NOT Destination Imagination Colorado. Again, Destination Imagination. Sterling Volunteer DICO Background Check use Good Deed Code: veq92lv. If you are a Jeffco team manager, please contact Tina or Megan.
- If you have a LEVEL 2 or 1 background check from Sterling Volunteers due to volunteer work with a different non-profit, church, or school, you may pay to upgrade to LEVEL 3 and then share with Destination Imagination.
- Your school district can opt to do a Group Waiver and submit to DIHQ
NoCo Canyon Newsletters
Tanya Shimonek, Regional Director
To develop opportunities that inspire the global community of learners to utilize diverse approaches in applying 21st-century skills and creativity.
The Destination Imagination program is a fun, hands-on system of learning that fosters students’ creativity, courage and curiosity through open-ended academic Challenges in the fields of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), fine arts and service learning. Our participants learn patience, flexibility, persistence, ethics, respect for others and their ideas, and the collaborative problem solving process. Teams may showcase their solutions at a tournament.