2020 State Tournament: What Should We Do Prior to the Tournament?
Have a brief team/parent meeting to discuss competition logistics such as:
- Travel plans, if you are coming from outside the Denver Metro area
- Transporting props to the tournament
- Location and possible times of Team Challenges and Instant Challenge competitions
- T-shirt and pin purchases
- Meal plans for the day
- Where and when the team should meet on competition day
- Unloading/parking/loading plans
- Behavioral expectations of Team Members, Team Managers, and parents
- Back up plans if you get separated or if the competition runs late
- The Awards Ceremony
- Emergency Contact Information
Talk with your parents, school, and school district about the possibilities of placing at the Affiliate Championship Tournament and earning an invitation to Global Finals.
- Discuss how your team might arrange quick financing to Kansas City, MO May 20-23, 2020. (Traveling either the 18th or 19th)
- Your cost per team will be $5,500 plus room and board.
- This year Colorado has been invited to send including, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place teams from each Team Challenge/level to Global Finals!
- We will also be receiving lottery slots for 5th and 6th place teams. Lottery teams will be notified by April 15, and need to commit within 48 hours with financial arrangements made by May 1.
State Championship Schedule
- Tournament times will be posted by March 30, 2020. Times will be posted online only; you will not receive a mail or email notification. Please remember that we schedule all regions evenly. Each region will have teams starting first thing in the morning and late in the afternoon.
- Due to the scheduling nature of this large tournament, teams usually have up to 3 hours between their Team Challenge and Instant Challenge. There are many activities at the State tournament to participate in during the day.
- Teams may have their Instant Challenge first or their Team Challenge first.
- Many presentation locations have changed from previous years. Check the campus maps. Additional maps will be available at tournament check-in. Please locate your Challenge, prop drop-off areas, and the closest parking prior to coming to tournament.
Check our website regularly for updates
- Tournament Times will be posted online only; you will not receive a mail or email notification. Please remember that we schedule all regions evenly. Each region will have teams starting first thing in the morning and late in the afternoon.
- Many presentation locations have changed from previous years. Campus maps will be posted on our website and available at tournament check-in. Please locate your Challenge, prop drop-off areas, and the closest parking prior to coming to tournament.
Make reservations for overnight accommodations, if needed.
- The Embassy Suites – Denver South is our only hotel sponsor this year. See the Hotel Information sheet for more information.
Order Tournament T-shirts, Pins and Wristbands!
- We are offering 3 different sets of 4 pins this year. You can view the pins and t-shirts
Plan to attend the KICK-OFF Party! The room and food has been generously donated by The Embassy Suites – Denver South. This is a registration event
- Friday night, April 5, 2018
- Elementary Level Party, 5:30-7:00
- Middle and Secondary Level Party, 7:30-9:00
- Games, Music, and Instant Challenge practice