Teams are forming NOW!!! Purchase Your Membership Here!
Tournament Logistics Meeting
- Date: February 3, 2021
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Covering: Tournament procedures, background checks, becoming the Team Manager of Record, registration. This will be recorded. If we reach capacity, a second date will be added. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMtd-ygrjouG9zYfi1PL-4AlbYJ2LMSkfY_
2021 Showcase and Tournament Events
There are 3 separate events that ALL teams may participate in. Regardless if your team chooses to participate in 1, 2 or 3 events, the cost is $125 for competitive teams, $75 for Early Learning. This is the TOTAL price, NOT the price per event. We hope you take advantage of all our events. Getting feedback is an important part to learning.
All DICO teams that have purchased a team number and completed a DIHQ approved background check will be able to participate in ALL the following activities:
February IC Practice Day
DICO teams opting to participate in this IC release will be able to submit their IC video for score and feedback by DICO appraisers.Think of this as your IC practice day! Teams will get scores, and an opportunity to see first hand what a virtual IC looks like.
- Register and pay by: February 4, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
- Instant Challenge Release: February 5 at 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time with a deadline for submission on February 8 at 11:59 p.m. your local tournament time.
- Feedback will be sent to your team via email prior to February 28, 2021.
All teams will be able to participate in the following events getting feedback, scores and rankings. This is similar to a traditional Regional Tournament but will take place virtually. All teams will move on to the state tournament, including Rising Stars Teams. Teams wont “place” during this event. This is to give your team feedback before moving to the state tournament.
- Register and pay by: February 8, 2021, by 11:59 p.m. (Unless you already paid at the IC Day time, DO NOT pay twice.)
- Improv Unknowns Release: February 12 at 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time with a deadline for submission February 15 at 11:59 p.m. your local tournament time
- Central Challenge Submission: March 4 by 11:59 p.m.
- Instant Challenge Release: March 5 at 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time with deadline for submission of March 8 at 11:59 p.m. your local tournament time
- Results and emailed feedback: March 13, 2021. All challenges will be appraised and scores returned to Team Managers. Team Managers or team manager designee must be available on March 13 to receive scores and sticky notes electronically. All teams will proceed to the State Tournament.
All teams will be able to participate in the following events getting feedback, scores and rankings. This is similar to a traditional State Tournament but will take place virtually.
- Register and pay by: March 18, 2021, 11:59 p.m. (Unless you have already paid).
- Order and pay for T-shirts: March 18, 2021 11:59 p.m. (Optional)
- Instant Challenge Release: March 19 at 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time with a deadline for submission of March 22 at 11:59 p.m. your local tournament time.
- Improv Unknowns Release: March 25 at 3:00 a.m. Eastern Time with deadline for submission of March 28 at 11:59 p.m. your local tournament time
- Central Challenge Submission: March 27 by 11:59 p.m.
- Results and emailed feedback on April 3. All challenges will be appraised and scores returned to Team Managers. Team Managers or team manager designee must be available on April 3 to receive scores and sticky notes electronically.
- Award Ceremony April 3. A Facebook Live award ceremony will take place and every team will receive a state party pack. DICO teams in first, second, third and fourth place in each level and each challenge (except Rising Stars) will be invited to compete at Global Finals.
All of these activities are available to all teams. The cost will be $125 per team, $75 per Rising Stars team. This is a discounted price for 2020-2021 tournament year.
DI Colorado provides trainings for both our new and “seasoned” Team Managers.
All of our 20-21 Team Manager Trainings have been completed. To see recorded training videos, please contact Kate
New Team Manager Training: Covers the basics: an overview of the program, what you’ll need to get started, Instant Challenge, team building etc. Our goal is to get you started on the right foot and comfortable with the Destination Imagination program. This training will not discuss any of the long-term challenges.
- Engaging your kids on Zoom
- Basic Video Editing
- New Team Manager Training
- Fine Arts
- Service Learning
- Early Learning
- Instant Challenge
There is no charge for trainings. It’s included as part of your fees when you purchase your National Membership.
This year all Instant Challenges will be done by video submissions. Because this is a new procedure we have a few video examples for you to see.